The secret to our consistent growth is hiring amazing people, treating them like family and helping them accomplish their dreams and we find the rest will simply fall into place. Our ethos is the same as Southwest Airlines’: Our customers are not our first priority, our team is. When our team is happy and cranking, they will take care of our customers.
If you’d like to be a part of our team, please consider the following options:
#1 Bookmark our Current Openings page and apply for any/all positions you’re qualified for
#2 Email your resume and a ridiculously convincing cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org– don’t forget to explain exactly why it would be a downright shame for us to let you (and your skills) get away
About the Company
Founded in 2000, Taz Solutions, Inc is a privately held company located in Tonawanda NY, just outside both Buffalo and Niagara Falls. We also have additional locations scattered throughout the world with many people working remotely.
Our team is made up of some of the top marketers, designers, programmers, copywriters, strategists and operations experts in the world.
Our “bread and butter” has always been in the marketing realm. Customers would come to us in need of social media help, or search engine optimization even their overall strategy. Not only did we want to provide them the marketing products, we also wanted to cover their design needs and saw a huge gap in the marketplace: Customers did not want to have to use multiple companies.
We started off working with lots of really cool speakers, authors, coaches and consultants. We turned this into a division of Taz Solutions called Taz Experts — TazExperts.com. We have a turn-key product that works for any subject matter – regardless of the industry.
While this was happening, we started to see the growth of local businesses in our customer base, and started another division called Taz Local — TazLocal.com. This division also has a turn-key product that helps any business looking to attract customers within a 30-60 mile radius shine.
We also have a few other divisions and strategic partnerships (like Guerrilla Marketing) but we’ll leave some stuff to your imagination!
Company Culture / Core Vales
One of our key slogans is “We’re not normal.” We believe in running towards the fire and being unconventional. Our culture and our core values drive our entire company. We make our hiring decisions (for both our staff and our clients) based on a good fit with our culture. We are very picky because if someone isn’t a fit for our culture, their work will suffer and they wouldn’t last very long with us. We are fully-invested in the success of our staff – both professional and personal.
Some things you’ll find about our culture:
- We hire people (employees and clients) who we would want to hang out with “after hours”
- (This is where many companies would put their “work hard, play hard” phrase) New employees are encouraged to try and take down our reigning ping-pong champion. Seriously, he’s getting pretty full of himself.
- Hungry? (We mean actually hungry, not in the more metaphorical sense referring to the desire to succeed…although that’s good too.) Our pantry is always stocked with snacks.
- We like to find random ways to thank our staff. This could be as simple as lunch on us, or inviting the team to play lasertag or spending a Friday afternoon at a ball game.
- We’re all adults here, right? You’ll find cold beer and good wine in the break room. Our staff can feel free to relax with a drink if they’d like. Since we have clients all over the world, it’s likely to be happy hour for one of them.
With that said, here are the five core values that encompass everything we do at Taz:
Life is too short not to have fun.
Also: If you like what you do, then you’ll never go to work a day in your life.
A ton of your lifetime is spent at work. If you can’t have fun while you’re at it, then the phrase “work” will really mean “work.” We try and sprinkle a bit of fun in everything we do: from our brand to our team to our customers.
EVERYONE IS FAMILY:
At Taz Solutions, we want our company culture to reflect that of a family.
We’re all in this for the same mission: to support each other in achieving our dreams. That is, the dreams of our employees, our contractors, our customers and even our vendors. Families treat each other with respect, love and devotion. We strive to look out for one another, helping each other be successful, and ensuring the success of the company as a whole. And like most families, we believe in friendly competition.
ALWAYS ON THE LEADING EDGE:
We will always be one step ahead of the curve.
It’s no secret: the Internet is changing pretty much every day. If we want to remain competitive (and keep our customers competitive as well) we need to constantly stay on top of technology developments and focus daily on innovation. Our team is encouraged to spend 20% of their time on education. This may include attending seminars, reading new books, surfing the web and locating trends or simply making their own trends! It’s critical we never lose our edge! Instead of just keeping pace with the trends, we pride ourselves on being some of the leaders in those trends — taking the lead from our CEO, who developed and coined the phrase Web 3.0 Marketing.
Everyone at our organization is vested in the partnership model. This is the core to our philosophy!
When our customers make more money, we make more money – and the reverse is also true. This model of doing business keeps everyone on the top of his or her game. We make decisions as if the business was our own, rather than a vendor-client relationship. Revenue share is a great way to focus our staff on the success of our clients. Each person that contributes to a successful project will be given a piece.
The partnership model gives customers access to our wealth of marketing knowledge, and allows for much more open lines of communication. With our customers as partners, everyone wins!
Dreams drive us.
We will strive to help both our employees and our customers achieve their dreams to create the most dynamic company in the universe (we’re coming for you, Proxima Centauri). An incredible amount of loyalty and goodwill will be formed with each dream (personal or professional) we’re able to check off the list.
We believe it’s important to treat our people exceptionally well. To attract (and retain) the best talent and the brightest minds, we make it a point to reward our employees for their time, talent, and dedication to Taz Solutions:
Members of our team are entitled to great benefits, including:
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Unlimited paid time off (sick and vacation)
- Your birthday off (with pay!)
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free snacks / alcohol (age permitting!)
Experienced Account Executive
- Assertive, while still professional and friendly
- Proven sales record with little supervision
- Knowledge of CRM systems
- Inbound sales calls for pre-qualified leads
- Calling/Qualifying Leads
- Limited lead generation
- Follow-up with leads/contacts
- Primary point of contact for client questions
- Ability to develop/streamline sales and commission structure for new ventures
Online Marketing Strategist
- Outgoing and friendly
- Familiar with web design and development
- Knowledge of internet marketing strategies
- Develop and drive client strategy (including social media, SEO, PPC)
- Interpret SEO reports and website analytics and convey to client
- Strategy sessions with clients
- Convey strategy to marketing team, manage team to ensure proper deployment
- Monthly reports to client and team on status of strategy
Social Media Strategist
- Creative, forward-thinking
- Excellent understanding of English grammar and spelling
- Must be familiar with the use of all social media outlets
- Development and implementation of social media strategy
- Monitor and engage with social media followers
- Direct social media team to ensure proper deployment of strategy
- Monitor profile statistics
- Prepare and analyze reports for clients
Web Programmer (Entry/Mid-level)
- Excellent troubleshooter
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and programs
- Skilled in PHP, mySQL, WordPress, HTML, and HTML5 (among others)
- Coding of websites with a wide range of features and functions
- Quickly identifying/solving any website programming issues or errors
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.