Yes, we’ve all heard of blogs, but do you truly understand how to utilize a blog, the frequency of posting or what plug-ins you should be using for maximum marketing impact?
You don’t need to have one blog, we encourage you to have three! A company blog, a personal blog for the key executives and a general market commentary blog.
The key to blogging is consistent posting with relevant information. 97% of blogs have 1 or less postings each week. That leaves a great opportunity for you to shine in the other 3%!
Once you’ve mastered blogging, we encourage you to jump on the micro-blogging bandwagon. Micro-blogging is posting shorter posts, typically under 200 characters. Twitter has mastered this concept and is among our favorite sites to be leveraging in 2009. Twitter allows you to post short “tweets” of 140 characters or less. You can update your audience on your personal life — for example Michael is currently enjoying some time his twins or on the business side of things — Michael is currently working on his new book, check out the link here. The great thing about twitter is that you can link twitter with various other social networking web sites. So one post or “tweet” to twitter, and you’ve just updated ten other social accounts instantly.
Not logged into your computer to make the post? Send a text message and your status will be updated automatically!
Twitter is one trend that you cannot ignore. It’s still relatively new enough to start gathering a following and taking that market share away from your competition! Get on twitter and become the expert in your field, you’ll have thousands of followers in no time!